The word dementia describes a set of symptoms that may include memory loss and difficulties with thinking, problem-solving or language. Dementia is caused when the brain is damaged by diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease or a series of strokes. Dementia is progressive, which means the symptoms will gradually get worse. Find out about how dementia is diagnosed.
We also have the latest stats on dementia.
1. Dementia UK: https://www.dementiauk.org/
2. Dementia Friends: https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk
3. Alzeimer’s Society: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
4. Caring for someone with Dementia: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dementia-guide/pages/dementia-care-at-home.aspx
5. Age UK: http://www.ageuk.org.uk/